Feel Like Home!
2022 — Bienvenue !
If you want to schedule your next French session with Léa, you’re in the right place! If you want to know more about The Staircase learning method, you’re in the right place too. The popular method created in 2016 is now available in a new format with podcasts episodes and a companion book.
- Born and raised in the Loire Valley, France
- Master’s Degree in Language Education from La Sorbonne, Paris
- More than 7,000 hours of lessons taught since 2013
- I wanted to be an astronaut, but then I realized that being a teacher is much more fun!
- People know me for « The Staircase » method that was featured on many blogs including the popular Fluentin3Months
- I’m lucky to have a very cool Siamese cat. You’ll get to meet him during lessons!
- I like to learn poems in different languages by heart
- My best friends in France call me Lélé
Bienvenue. I’m Léa Tirard-Hersant and I’m a French teacher. You can practice French conversation with me via 1-1 video sessions. You can also use my published study materials. A bientôt !
Famous linguists and educators inspire me everyday in my teaching. They’re the famous Michel Thomas, the visionary Rudolf Steiner and the notorious Maria Montessori. I’m also inspired by the work of popular bloggers like Olly Richards and Steve Kauffman. Last but not least, my greatest inspiration is you my students themselves.
Ma langue est ma patrie, as we say in French. My language is my homeland. As a teacher my mission is to help students feel more at home in the French language. Do you have a particular learning objective for 2022? Are you worried that you may lose your French if you don’t practice it on a regular basis? Practice French with me! Just look at my teacher’s schedule, find a time that’s good for you, and parlons français.
What to expect during Lessons
- A lot of exposure to French culture — music, movies, and the latest trends.
- Accent training
- Grammar consolidation
- Vocabulary building
- Memory coaching
- Focus, fun and progress!